Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wonk

I can't praise Wonk furniture in Brooklyn's Clinton Hill neighborhood enough.  I heard about their shop years ago but never made it out to see their work in person.  I was in desperate need for storage for my art supplies and Andrew's office supplies so we decided to take a trip out to see them.

We ended up ordering two of their Sutter drawers in a slightly larger size 23" size.  Their custom options are endless so you can find the perfect fit for your space and everything is well made locally in their Brooklyn wood shop.

I'm really excited about how versatile these chests are.  For now they're sitting behind the sofa but I can certainly see them as future nightstands or on a base in an entry way as well.  I decided to forgo the finger holes so I could add interesting knobs and change them out as I please.  We stuck with the white frame color and found the perfect beige called Baltic Gray for the drawer fronts.  The ring pulls are from my favorite hardware source Whitechapel.


Not only were the cabinets ready a few days early (amazing!), the people at Wonk were incredibly easy to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment