Friday, September 21, 2012

Jeremiah Goodman

I can't remember exactly where I first saw Jeremiah Goodman's incredible illustrations but I do remember being blown away by the energy and detail of his work.  He is a legend in the design world having designed the covers for Interior Design magazine for over 15 years, and taking commissions from renowned interior designers such as Dorothy Draper, Michael Greer and Eleanor Le Maire.  Goodman has also captured the rooms of Carolina Herrera, Yves St. Laurent and Bill Blass to name a few.



He uses watercolors and guache to create these beautiful and moody pieces.  I love his use of light and the feeling he evokes in his work.



Mr. Goodman continues to draw and paint everyday from his 18th floor Upper East Side apartment. 


I'm dying to pick up a copy of his book Jeremiah:  A Romantic Vision.  Prints and note cards are also available through London based Dean Rhys Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment