Monday, August 20, 2012

looking back to Ludlow

My first apartment in Manhattan was a little studio in the Lower East Side and I loved every bit of it.  I lived there for 5 years and the apartment went through numerous changes and improvements.  I wish I still had pictures from the day I moved in.  The walls were originally both shiny and dirty (with a lime green accent wall, yikes!).  They drove me insane.  I spent every night of the first few weeks I lived there sanding and painting until midnight each night until it was done.  And that was only the beginning. . .

I just came across these old photos which I haven't seen in years!  This was the state of the apartment just before I moved downtown to the Financial District for a little change in scenery.  There are a million design choices I would make differently now of course, but regardless it was such a great 1st place in the city and it really felt like home even on a tiny budget.



I have so many memories of incredible times with friends in this little apartment!  Does anyone else have great memories from their first place?


No comments:

Post a Comment