Thursday, September 13, 2012

mad for plaid

This lovely little chair had seen better days.  I originally found it at the Hell's Kitchen flea market several years ago.  It was a steal at only $35 and the frame is metal making it incredibly strong and sturdy!  While I love the Art Deco inspired stripe I upholstered the chair with after I bought it, the paint was chipping and the fabric was stained and in need of an update.


I found a little motivation Friday afternoon so I quickly broke out the staple gun and paint brush and got to work!


I love the cozy feel of this wool plaid fabric from Rogers & Goffigon and I had just enough to upholster the chair for the bedroom and save the rest for a lumbar pillow to match.  Within 3 hours the chair looked fresh and new!


No comments:

Post a Comment